Yaris GRMN Racing Seats - Toyota Yaris GRMN Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Yaris GRMN Racing Seats

The Yaris GRMN, obviously racing inspired, definitely will let you feel the part as well.

It comes equipped standard with front racing seats designed specifically for this application. Not just another seat that they shoehorned in there. It was designed by Toyota Boshoku and it apparently has the best in class body holding and support.

I'm sure some people are going to be complaining though because as we know, or should know, racing seats are definitely not for everyone.

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 07:20 PM

From this video, it seems like the seating position is pretty high, again a common issue with the current "hot" hatches.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 01:57 PM

Glad to finally see it running with a tour of its exterior and interior but without numbers and some feedback of what its like compared to what else we can get, there's not much to get from this video.
One thing for sure though is Toyota has a lot of work to do in order to match or beat what Ford has done with the Fiesta ST.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 03:39 PM

What more does the yaris grmn need to be a competent rival for the Fiesta ST? It seems to be very capable already with its 1.8-litre supercharged engine.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 05:05 AM

If people don't know already, the Boshoku department of Toyota is the team that created the seats for the Lexus LFA.

https://i.imgur.com/2E0cNIo.gif
Community Manager, Toyota GB & Lexus UK
Toyota (GB) PLC
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler View Post
If people don't know already, the Boshoku department of Toyota is the team that created the seats for the Lexus LFA.
I hear that they will be responsible for a lot of GRMN stuff in the future. Good thing Toyota let that plant sit around and collect dust because now just maybe they can make back all the money is cost them to produce the LFA.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 05:18 PM

But what a fabulous car the LFA is ...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW. View Post
But what a fabulous car the LFA is ...
It sure is, its just too bad that Lexus hasn't come out with anything else even close to making the sort of impact it did. However the upcoming Lexus LC-F could change that. Already they have a great platform to work with, just a matter of when they want to bring it market. Apparently it will be a real Nissan GT-R rival.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 02:33 PM

The new LC500 is no slouch either and I like that its being released with a hybrid variant, though it does come with a significant price jump. I guess if you're willing to drop $100k a car, that 4 grand is just a drop in the ocean. The LC-F concepts are incredible looking and I hope the LC sees enough sales to justify it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page