Toyota flexed the (2020) Supra at this years Super Bowl - Toyota Yaris GRMN Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Toyota flexed the (2020) Supra at this years Super Bowl

Pretty much everything you would want to see a Supra do, "nailing the corners, hitting the apex and screaming through the curves", is exactly what Toyota did in their Supra Super Bowl commercial.

To say I was impressed would be an understatement, in fact, its enough to make me put a deposit down without ever stepping foot in one first.

Enjoy!

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:57 AM

I for one am pretty disappointed with the new Supra. Not sure why they thought this partnership with BMW was a good idea. Can they really deliver on the reliability we have come expect with a German engine at its heart?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

I'm okay with it in the sense its all they could really justify.
Anything else would have been a major risk and turn out to be a bigger loss for the brand as a whole, possibly taking away from budgets for products that could have taken off.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:34 PM

Yeah its odd that Toyota would place a German engine in their new flagship sports car, but BMW makes the best inline six on the market. Just wait and see what kind of tuning programs come to the B58.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey27 View Post
Yeah its odd that Toyota would place a German engine in their new flagship sports car, but BMW makes the best inline six on the market. Just wait and see what kind of tuning programs come to the B58.
Its for the simple reason of Toyota wanting to take the least amount of risk in a segment they've sat out in for many years. During that time the BMW Z4 has filled that void and done well, so much that some people supra-ify it with a 2JZ engine. Here's one example:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page