Ireland Only Gets 1 Yaris GRMN - Toyota Yaris GRMN Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By ChrisW.
  • 1 Post By smokingyaris

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Ireland Only Gets 1 Yaris GRMN

While we’re aware of just how hard it is to get a hold of one Yaris GRMN out of a total limited run of 600 units, at least markets where it was available had enough allocations to at least hit the double digits. Sadly, Ireland was not one of them. Those in UK had to fight over 100 Yaris GRMN models but Ireland only received one. Whoever that lucky buyer was, they’ll be the envy of all hot hatch fans in the country.

Eddie Cunningham from Life Motor Reviews may not own that one example of engineered excellence on wheels, but he did get the chance to drive one and go through all the performance technology it has to offer. Hopefully, come of those features “will filter down into other, far more affordable Toyotas in the not-too-distant future.”

Perhaps the GRMN’s sport chassis will make the cut, tweaked to sit 24mm lower than the average Yaris and made of super-strong materials. It’s also lightweight enough for the optimal powertrain performance.

Speaking of which, we most likely won’t see supercharged 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine placed in another model as is. A shame really, considering the 2019 horsepower and 184lb-ft of torque it makes. Perhaps a de-tuned version will appear in a more accessible model in the future.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 04:54 PM

But there are a couple for sale from dealers in the UK if you really look ... I was late to this party and was really determined that my hot hatch was going to have real racing pedigree and not be turbocharged !!

I'm told that mine was sold within 24 hours of it being advertised ... to me ! Big thanks to the person who for whatever reason had to give it up ... I'm looking forward to re-living my rally prepared Peugeot 205 1.9 from Skip Brown Cars !!

Of course in the shape of a Toyota this time. Actually it's my third Yaris ... the first did 120,000 miles in six years during which time it cost me a new exhaust and two front brake disks ... and my kids learnt to drive on it !
As for the second ... it cost me the old car plus £5000 in exchange for 115,000 miles, class act

So I have high expectations ....
YarMatey and gazoo like this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 02:02 PM

Ohhh you were the lucky few to get one! The other person's financing probably fell through and you were able to sweep in an get a great car. Suppose if you were willing to drive the car back from another country, there is a chance for those in the main portion of Europe. But Ireland and UK is stuck with the allotted amount.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 02:32 PM

Wow it would be pretty neat to have the only model of a car in a whole country. Though that could have some adverse affects on insurance rates and the sourcing of replacement parts. Resale potential would be huge though aha.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:32 PM

It's cool as long as it doesn't get stolen. I can bet you there will be some that do unfortunately.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:21 PM

So it seem the media still can't get over the GRMN.

Such a shame its as limited as it is. Could we expect Toyota to extend production or offer the Yaris GRMN in some other form throughout the brand? Corolla GRMN?

gazoo likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingyaris View Post
So it seem the media still can't get over the GRMN.

Such a shame its as limited as it is. Could we expect Toyota to extend production or offer the Yaris GRMN in some other form throughout the brand? Corolla GRMN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vr73pLisXo
It would have been better if Toyota did more for the Yaris GRMN. Performance parts being one of them... TRD?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
It would have been better if Toyota did more for the Yaris GRMN. Performance parts being one of them... TRD?
I rather see that done with the new Corolla.
This Yaris GRMN was a nice warm up to what might come in the future

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page