Proud owner of the awesome grmn!!! - Toyota Yaris GRMN Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By CookieMonster93
  • 1 Post By CookieMonster93

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Proud owner of the awesome grmn!!!

Hi there grmn enthusiasts/owners 🙂 ever since I seen the grmn advertised here in the UK, I knew I had to get one, I managed to get my mitts on one 2 weeks ago and I'm in love. She keeps pulling and pulling in every gear 🙂 she is a pure head turner I must say 🙂 pics to follow when the weather gets better 🙂
GRMNAdmin likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:40 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on sourcing your GRMN. Did you have to pay over MSRP for it? I would imagine that some dealers are raising pricing due to low availability.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Congrats on the new Yaris and welcome to the community. Were you looking any anything else before deciding on the GRMN?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasser View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on sourcing your GRMN. Did you have to pay over MSRP for it? I would imagine that some dealers are raising pricing due to low availability.
Thank you for the warm welcome 🙂 I bought it for 26ish 🙂 so far I'm enjoying the drive, just finding it's not that great in wet weather mainly around corners, find that she slides out 😕 need to get some wet weather tyres considering it's so wet here 😞
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Congrats on the new Yaris and welcome to the community. Were you looking any anything else before deciding on the GRMN?
Thank you for the warm welcome 🙂 and originally I was either looking at the standard yaris, but me liking quick cars it was a no brainer that I was gonna buy her 😋
smokingyaris likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 12:39 AM

I bet someone can turn a regular Yaris into a serious track monster and it sure helps that these can be bought used for decent value. With GRMN's so limited its the only option some of us will have, unless Toyota ran the original allotment to test the waters.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingyaris View Post
I bet someone can turn a regular Yaris into a serious track monster and it sure helps that these can be bought used for decent value. With GRMN's so limited its the only option some of us will have, unless Toyota ran the original allotment to test the waters.
I was thinking the same thing, getting any parts for it is so scarce, the next thing I buy is some wheels, although I love the wheels, I'm terrified of curbing them, I never park anywhere where there is curbs anyway, but I know there will be a time I'll have to 😞 I want to put her on a track and see what she's got for myself 😁
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 12:21 PM

a new problem that comes out of that is, to achieve GRMN type performance you have to do a lot which ultimately might put you within a price bracket to afford something else that comes complete from the factory, even if this meant getting a used Toyota 86, because these days its a very practical choice. I would do it in a heart beat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page