Buying GRMN in next couple of weeks - Toyota Yaris GRMN Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By rtb

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Buying GRMN in next couple of weeks

Hi All, hopefully purchasing a GRMN in next couple of weeks. The car is currently at a Toyota dealer for sale with 2500 miles. Ive arranged a hold on it and am organising my 4 hour train ride to view it,i expect it will be worth the journey. Then all being well and happy it will live down here in the uk's sunny South-East in Kent. Any Kent GRMN owners? How do you find the cars? Ive owned my current car 18 years purchased brand new and to say im excited is an understatement. I spray cars for a living and see a whole host of vehicles and this to me is the most interesting and impressive current small hatch.The way Toyota have gone about the build and the fact its limited too makes it even more appealing. Look forward to ownership.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 11:15 AM

Welcome to the forum h11juu. Been quite some time since you've purchased a new car, but I am sure the GRMN will live up to all your expectations. Most owners on here have disappeared. Probably out enjoying the ride too much lol.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:45 PM

Glad to have a new member on the forum.
Unfortunately you'll have to use other tools along with this board to find other members, they're out there but with social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram its much easier to frequent those platforms than these old school ones.
Also of course there's the fact that the Yaris GRMN was produced small scale compared to other performance related products we've seen.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 12:59 PM

Hi h11juu,

You will love your car! It is a brilliant little car and i suggest that you at least one time Take it to a track. Then you will Discovery what it’s made for.
There is a Fb community called Toyota Yaris GRMN owners run from UK. More traffic there and from others in Europé but not massive right now.
Have fun with your Yaris GRMN!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
Hi h11juu,

You will love your car! It is a brilliant little car and i suggest that you at least one time Take it to a track. Then you will Discovery what it’s made for.
There is a Fb community called Toyota Yaris GRMN owners run from UK. More traffic there and from others in Europé but not massive right now.
Have fun with your Yaris GRMN!
I agree entirely.
Tires for me will be a big deal in actual feedback from people like the original poster along with other traction related features to be improved.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:56 PM

Welcome to the forum and hope that you've been able to secure yourself a GRMN. Sounds like you are long overdue for a new vehicle and we look forward to hearing your initial impressions of it. Best part is you wont have to suffer through the mundane break in process.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Looking at some other owners that really put their Yaris GRMN's in the spotlight on social media, I hope OP does that as well. I'm on Instagram every day and don't see enough of these. Most people don't even know they exist!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:04 AM
rtb

Nice...im in Kent....may see you out....
Oh and I changed tyres to AD08R's form day one....its then on another level
even in the wet..lol
smokingyaris likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtb View Post
Nice...im in Kent....may see you out....
Oh and I changed tyres to AD08R's form day one....its then on another level
even in the wet..lol
Did you just stick to the same tire width and height as the stock setup? I have been interested in other more aggressive wheel/tire combinations but none on any GRMN's. We can always guess what would. Anyone here an expert on that end with track knowledge to back it up?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page