Hello to you all - Toyota Yaris GRMN Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Hello to you all

Howdy guys and gals
Never thought to be here, but having been a Subaru enthusiast for years( recently sold my 2007 Impreza WRX after 6 glorious years ) ) it looks like I have landed. I never considered anything else but my God Scooby's can get awfully expensive if they go wrong, and sometimes when they don't !

Trying to find a replacement, which fits the bill like a Scooby as I do not run with the crowd and always want something different.... special.

So...currently I own a 66 plate Yaris 1.33 VVTI Orange and I actually really like it except.... engine is puny. Yes I had the 2.5 litre Turbo Scooby and I was spoilt but the GRMN... ahhhh here we are. So the dealer who sold me the Orange edition has a GRMN available.... I am waiting the details but less than 100 miles, no previous owner and it might be the one.

So, a rare, fast " different " hot hatch with low tax at 140 ( Scooby was 485 gasp ) and class leading reliability.... looks like a winner.

Anyone on here who has had any issues with their GRMN ? Surely not...

I'll keep you informed.

Cheers
Dave
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:32 AM

Only minor things, coolant cap leaked & clutch pressure plates noisy on release but I'm gonna use that to my advantage.
Cars been brilliant, performance & handling are really good.

BH
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:35 PM

Welcome to the forum Dave. Majority of the owners on here have vanished as I'm sure they are out enjoying their trouble free GRMN. You're pretty lucky to come across such a lightly used one. Any idea what allocations were like for your region?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Howdy and cheers for the welcome,
I have no idea about allocations, however I have spent some time looking around and there are always at least 14 to 16 GRMN available from Toyota dealers across the country. It will not be an issue getting one, though I wonder what kind of movement on price they might afford a potential buyer... all priced 20K to 25K mileage dependant though I have not seen one with over 5k miles.

I would venture a lot of people would not even consider a GRMN as opposed to a Fiesta ST or Pug GTI. Better for us then !

Cheers
Dave

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page